Roofoods Limited and Deliveroo Singapore Pte. Ltd. ("we", "our" or "Deliveroo") are committed to protecting the privacy of rider applicants, riders and substitutes, including all users of the rider mobile device application (the "Rider App").
1. INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT FROM YOU
Your rider application
- When you apply to ride with Deliveroo, we ask you to provide information about yourself including your name, contact details, vehicle type, date of birth, postcode, your right to work in Singapore as a self-employed independent contractor, any driving convictions and whether you’ve worked for us before.
- During the application process, we (or a third party) will ask you to provide further information and documents, such as a copy of your passport, NRIC, driver licence, visa, insurance and proof of address for right to work checks. We will also track the progress of your application and record the results of your right to work checks.
Your account and ride planning
- For your account set-up and management, we may ask you to provide financial, tax and business registration information. We record your rider payment arrangement, a copy of your signed Supplier Agreement and we create a Rider ID for you. We may also obtain or create further information related to your services for Deliveroo, such as your vehicle registration, address, contact details of your next of kin (whose details you have permission to share with us for emergency purposes), where you want to work, your kit, fees, invoices, tips if obtained via the Rider App and photo.
- Through the Rider App or through a third party provider, you tell us when you want to ride with us, and we keep a log of your deliveries.
- When you request to use a location-based function in the Rider App while your status is set to “offline” (i.e. not available for orders), for example, when you want to find a zone centre or use the zone selector control, we may access your location from your device in order to provide this functionality. If you do not want us to view your location when you are “offline”, please do not use these functions.
- When your status is set to “online” (i.e. available for orders) on the Rider App, we intermittently collect your location data and information about your rider activities from your device, including any actions you take which may increase or decrease the efficiency of the network (also see section 2.5).
Your use of the Rider App and Rider Support
- When you interact with our rider support function (“Rider Support”) our team may collect and use information about you and your services for Deliveroo, and any queries you may have. If you contact Rider Support by instant chat (if available), your messages will be recorded. If you contact Rider Support by phone, your calls will be recorded for internal Rider Support training purposes.
Information about your services
- We may receive information about your services from the restaurants who work with us (our "Partner Restaurants") or our customers. Our Rider Support or Customer Services teams may also process incident reports from you, our Partner Restaurants, our customers or other members of the public containing the circumstances of any incident you may have been involved with.
- We may collect information about you from the messages, feedback or letters you send to us or provide to us through focus groups or surveys.
- We may request your personal data to verify your right to work, such as copies of your identification documents and/or a photograph of you.
Providing your information in other ways
- When you use websites or applications of third parties in connection with your services for Deliveroo, including during the application and on-boarding process, those sites or applications may collect and process your information independently of Deliveroo. We recommend that you check their privacy policies to understand how they process your personal data.
2. USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Processing your application and managing your account and payments
- We use your personal information to review your suitability to be a rider with Deliveroo, including to undertake right to work checks, and if you are successful, to on-board you as a rider with us. We also use this personal information to create and administer your Deliveroo rider account and to contact you in connection with your application, Deliveroo’s rider operations, your rider services, incentives and for other purposes in connection with your services to Deliveroo.
- We use your personal information, such as your finance and business information and records of your deliveries to calculate and administer your payment and pay you for rider services that you provide to Deliveroo.
Operating and improving our business
- We use your account information and the times you want to ride for logistics planning purposes.
- We use some of your personal information, including your vehicle type, location data, Rider App usage and phone number, to provide live Deliveroo operations to our Partner Restaurants and customers.
- Information we collect about your attendance, your super peak participation and whether you’ve avoided late cancellations will be used to determine your level of priority access to booking. If your rider actions indicate that you may be fraudulently interacting with our system or otherwise seriously or materially breaching your Supplier Agreement, we may manually or automatically disable your access pending a review. We may use your data to decide to terminate your services with Deliveroo if we have the right to terminate under your Supplier Agreement. Please speak to our Rider Support agents if you would like to discuss or contest any of these decisions.
- We may use information we collect from you, including your usage of the Rider App, communications and incentives we send to you and, as well as your location, rider activities and feedback you provide, to develop and improve our business, including our app, website, platform, operational efficiency, customer experience and rider experience and safety, including for any statistical and analytical purposes and to prevent fraud or other misuse of our platform.
- We use technical information relating to your device, including any information obtained using cookies, to fix any bugs or other technical issues in the Rider App, for API authentication, to enable auto-login and to enable the Rider App to function on iOS and Android.
Providing support and upholding your obligations
- Our Rider Support teams may need to use your information to resolve any issues you are having in connection with the services you are providing to Deliveroo, including any payment queries you may have.
- We may use your information, including incident reports, to investigate any complaints or potential non-compliance with your Supplier Agreement.
- With your consent, we may use your personal information in the media or in rider onboarding campaigns. We may use anonymous or aggregated forms of your information (from which you are not identifiable) in the media or in rider onboarding campaigns without your consent.
If you decide to stop riding with us
- If you no longer wish to ride with Deliveroo, you may notify Rider Support using the contact details below, and we will stop using your contact details to communicate with you as a Deliveroo rider.
Your marketing preferences
Where you have indicated your approval in each case, you agree that we may:
- use your contact details to let you know about (i) any of our products and services that may be of interest to you; (ii) any of our partners’ products or services that may be of interest to you, and (iii) if you have ceased to be a Deliveroo rider, further opportunities to work with us; and
- share information with third parties in order for them to let you know about goods and services which may be of interest to you,
- If you change your mind about being contacted for marketing purposes in the future, please select “unsubscribe” from our messages or let us know by using the Rider Support contact details below.
4. SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
Service providers, suppliers and advisors
- The information you provide to us will be transferred to and stored on our servers and/or those of our third party partners, who may process your information on our behalf. These third parties include suppliers, business partners and sub-contractors including SDKs, software, analytics and data storage providers, our feedback and survey providers, right to work verification providers, onboarding and payment providers and professional advisors.
- We provide limited information to Partner Restaurants and customers whose order you are assigned to, for the purposes of live collection and operational updates.
- Your information may be shared with third party providers who are located outside of Singapore .
- Third parties may wish to provide you with products or services to complement your rider services to Deliveroo. If you decide to purchase those products or services, the third party provider may request that we provide your information to them to enable them to provide the products or services to you, so we will share this information with them for this purpose.
- If you share (including if you publish or cause to be published) any details about your rider services for Deliveroo which are misleading or inconsistent with our records of your rider services for Deliveroo, including regarding details about your earnings, we may share a correction of this information if we have the legal right to do so.
- If you choose to use another rider’s referral code, they will be notified.
- If our business enters into a joint venture with, purchases or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed or transferred to the target company, our new business partners or owners or their advisors.
- We may use the information that you provide to us if: we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with (and/or where we believe we are under a duty to comply with) any legal obligation or court order or upon the request of a regulator; where we reasonably believe that you or another person has been harmed or is at risk of harm in connection with your rider services for Deliveroo; in order to enforce your Supplier Agreement or any other policy or agreement; in the event of a dispute relating to your services to Deliveroo; or to protect the rights of Deliveroo, Partner Restaurants or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies, law enforcement bodies and other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and prevention.
- We take steps to protect your information from unauthorised access and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
- Where you have chosen a password which allows you to access certain parts of the Rider App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and secure. We advise you not to share your password with anyone, other than any substitute you are working with. If you do choose to share your password with your substitute, please make sure they are also aware that they must keep it confidential and secure and not share it with anyone else.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take steps to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Deliveroo website or Rider App; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
6. ACCESSING AND UPDATING
You may request to see the information we hold about you ("Access Request"). If you wish to do this, please contact us using the Rider Support contact details set out below. In the event that you make an Access Request, we reserve the right to charge a fee of five dollars (S$5.00) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
If your contact details or other information that we hold about you changes, please let us know as soon as you can. You can do this by contacting Rider Support using the contact details below. Rider Support will assist you on behalf of both the two independent data controllers, i.e. Deliveroo Singapore Pte Ltd (whose registered office is at 135 Cecil Street, #10-01 MYP Plaza, Singapore 069536) and Roofoods Limited (whose registered office is at 1 Cousin Lane, London, EC4R 3TE, United Kingdom).
8. CONTACT RIDER SUPPORT
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed and should be addressed to Rider Support at Deliveroo Singapore Pte. Ltd. at 135 Cecil Street, #10-01 MYP Plaza, Singapore 069536, or email Rider Support at firstname.lastname@example.org